The Atlanta Braves moved to their new home- SunTrust Park – this past spring. But did you realize that SunTrust Park is part of a larger development- The Battery Atlanta– that is open every day? The live, work, play development is super family-friendly. When the Braves are playing away (or have an off day), it’s becoming our favorite place to go when friends visit and those nights that cooking dinner is just too much of hassle. It’s also the perfect spot to plan a playdate with or a larger gathering with friends. Here are the details you need to know how to make the best out of family-friendly outing to The Battery Atlanta:
Hanging Out at The Battery Atlanta
From a picnic to the splash pad. The Battery is perfect to let the kids burn some energy. While mom and dad sit back and relax (and sip on “mommy and daddy” juice). A large green space right (Georgia Power Pavillon) outside the right field/Chop House gate (field turf = no mud!) is perfect for a picnic blanket and a game of tag. Grab your dinner and drinks to go and let the kids run around and play. and play. and play.
The splash pad is in-between Yard House and Todd English Tavern. If the fountains are on and the sun is out, you will find plenty of kids cooling off. Don’t forget to pack a towel and change of clothes in the car.
Hello, no messy playroom/house to clean up!
Where to Eat/drink:
They have a place to please even the pickiest eaters. Plus, you can get drinks (including wine and beer) “to go” and walk around The Battery (more on that further down!). More restaurants are scheduled to open in the coming months (and we will update this as they do!), but here is what we love:
- Antico Pizza: Just as tasty as the first location in West Midtown. You get your pizza fast and there are a number of community-tables. Perfect for bigger parties. Since our toddler is always up for pizza, this is sure to please everyone from toddler to the grandparents! Don’t forget to grab the amazing gelato (a “single” is plenty big to share with the kids). When the weather is nice, the windows/doors are open from floor to ceiling. We love the atmosphere!
- Yard House: This is their second location in Georgia. They have plenty of TVs and a great covered patio. They have the largest selection of beers of any restaurant at the Battery. The kids menu offers more than a traditional menu, including Korean bbq beef! The “Happy Hour” food menu is amazing and if you can get there between 3-6:00 p.m. you can take advantage!
- Terrapin Taproom and Fox Brothers Bar-B-Q: Offers some of the best bbq in Atlanta. This restaurant is connected to the stadium but open every day.
- Sport and Social: This is one of three restaurants in the Live! At the Battery. By far, the most family-friendly with a ton of entertainment options for the kids (fair warning- we have visited between 4-7:00 p.m. It is a bar, so no promises the later it gets). They have a number of games to play inside for all age ranges and have hosted family movie nights!
- Wahlburgers: In the mood for a burger? This is a great spot. The “Thanksgiving burger” is a favorite. Not to mention the adult-only milkshakes. And if nothing else, it kind of brought back some of my favorite “New Kids on the Block” memories.
Here are some other spots that are open or opening soon (we can’t wait to try all of them!):
- Feed Fried Chicken and Such
- El Felix: (not open yet) This is Ford Fry’s Tex-Mex concept. Delicious. If it’s anything like the first location at the Avalon, we will be coming here often! The tortillas are our favorite!
- Goldberg’s Bagel: (not open yet) We can’t wait for this Atlanta staple to open their newest location!
- Sweet Pete’s Candy: (not open yet) Our sister site, Jacksonville Moms Blog, loves their location and we can’t wait to have one here!
- Baseballism: a fun, non-traditional take on clothing, accessories, and artwork focused on baseball. Clothing options for infants thru adult sizes! A large Babe Ruth statue is the perfect photo op in the store!
- DressUp: Cute clothes and accessories for mom! The concept was born in Dahlonega, GA and they have 20 other locations around Georgia.
- Sugarboo and Co.: Artist, UGA grad, and mom of two, has opened her 4th store-front in Georgia. This “dealer in whimsy” has accessories for your home and a small section of unique kids toys.
Good To know
- Parking is typically free for up to 4 hours (if there is a game or event at the Coca-Cola Roxy, it may differ)
- There are plenty of ramps which makes the complex super stroller-friendly
- You can get alcohol to-go as long as you stay within the Battery
- Free events continue to pop-up, including free yoga and comedy shows
Let us know how you like to enjoy The Battery Atlanta!