Being a Mom is an exhilarating roller-coaster of emotions for the next, well, forever.
Being the Mom of a toddler is a special time in which you get to watch your little one turn into an actual person while they explore the world around them. As Moms of toddlers know, they are these quirky, germy nuggets who love repetition and testing your ever-loving patience.
You know you’re the Mom of a toddler when:
- You’re looking in your purse for your keys and instead find a Transformer toy, plastic elephant, and bag filled with cereal. (And the only one you remember putting in there was the cereal.)
- You know which one is “Shimmer” and which one is “Shine.”
- While driving, you excitedly point out the firetruck you see…and then realize that you’re with a co-worker and NOT your toddler.
- Band-Aids are not just for scrapes; they’re also decorative.
- You crave quiet time…and also fear the times it gets TOO quiet.
- You’re constantly cutting up food and only later realize your husband can probably do it on his own.
- If you had a nickel for every time you heard the word “Mama” or “Mommy” in the span of one day, you’d be a millionaire. (And even though it’s exhausting, you wouldn’t trade it for the world.)
- You wish that “Toodles” was a real thing. And that he brought you wine. Or chocolate. Or both.
- You can’t wait until bedtime and then miss them while they’re sleeping.
- You realize that seeing life through their eyes is an amazing blessing and that you’re the luckiest (and sleepiest) person in the world.
How do YOU know you’re the Mom of a toddler? I want to hear all about it!