Moms, when was the last time you had a situation that caused you to lose your cool? Typically, any mom can clearly remember the last time. For some, it probably happened three minutes ago. Don’t worry mama, you’ve got this!
In our home, I have always been outnumbered.
But recently, it has become more obvious that not only am I outnumbered, but they also make a pretty good team. #sendhelp, right?
So what can moms do to remain calm, yet firm, with situations such as brothers coloring all over one another?
To preface, I am a full-time, Stay at Home Mom with two little boys. On the side, I host a preschool web page that merges motherhood with Preschool education, tips, and a hint of design. I am currently pregnant with our third boy and have lost some of what I am about to suggest along the way. However, it’s back on, and I am already feeling the positive impact.
Keep in mind that I am not a nutritionist. I am a mom that has learned 2 ways to feel my very best.
And that is worth sharing.
2 Tips, to Help Mom Keep her Cool.
- Stay Active.
This tip is just as important for your children as it is you. Atlanta friends, it has been a warm winter. Let’s get outside!
Quick Tips to Getting Active:
- Immediately put on your gym clothes when you wake up.
- Text a friend and tell them you are going for a walk.
- Take a picture to document your outside time. Send that picture to someone. – Grandparents seem to love any picture they can get.
- Set a 20 minute per day active goal.
- Divide your time. Set a plan with your preschooler so they understand when they are in the stroller, and when they are allowed out. Find a safe spot to have a destination break.
- Download the app, 12 Minute Athlete. 12 minutes is sometimes just enough time before the kids are over mom doing squats and high knees in the living room!
- Get a Fitbit or something that helps you monitor your activity.
2. Eat Well.
Here, I am not talking about portion control.
I am also not talking about counting calories.
This is not a weight loss suggestion.
This is a lifestyle change that WILL impact your life for the better.
I am talking about eating REAL foods, checking ingredients (you would be AMAZED what is in your food once you make it a habit to read this), and including more water into your daily diet.
Quick Tips to Changing Eating Habits:
- Begin each day with warm lemon water. This helps with digestion and alkalizing the body first thing in the morning.
- Read the ingredients for prepackaged foods.
- Find a prep day to wash, cut, and store all of your fruits and vegetables.
- Take a picture of your grocery cart. Send it to someone. The accountability of sharing your cart will significantly change what goes in of your cart.
- Check the sugar in your yogurt. Compare with other brands in the store.
Do you already integrate some of these tips into your lifestyle?
Share below which ways you find save your sanity.
Cheers to feeling like you can take on the world, moms! Even if it is just until nap time.