Let’s be honest, your summer is better spent cooling down by the pool, not holed up in a hot kitchen. So when it comes to mealtime, you need something easy to assemble and preferably grilled so even your husband can handle dinner. These pizzas can be thrown together quickly with ingredients from your local farmer’s market (or grocery store) and require little to no advance preparation. Perfect for a lunch play date, appetizer, or light dinner!
Some of my favorite pizzetta combinations are listed below, enjoy!
— Peach, tomato, & basil
— Pesto, grilled kale, & spring onion
— Squash blossom, fresh ricotta, & chives
— Grilled eggplant, black olive, & red pepper flakes
— Corn, tomato, charred red onion, & smoked gouda
- 6 pita or lavash breads
- olive oil
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 container pearl or ciliegine mozzarella
- basil, chiffonade
- sea salt, optional
- Light grill and set to medium heat.
- Brush breads generously with olive oil on both sides and grill, turning once to toast each side.
- Remove from grill and layer desired toppings (peach, tomato, basil, & mozzarella).
- Return to grill and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sea salt & a drizzle of olive oil.
- I really love the Holeman & Finch pita breads for this recipe, but any flatbread will work.